I am a member of the research group Semantic Web and Ontological Engineering (SWOE) at DIKE. Currently I am a researcher and lecturer at the Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering (DIKE) at the Prague University of Economics (UEP).
My areas of interest are: ontology matching (techniques, evaluation), uncertainty in ontologies, semantic web query languages,
knowledge discovery, information extraction and expert systems.
In April 2019, I have defended my habilitation thesis Ontology Tool Benchmarks and Their Construction and became Associate Professor at Department of Knowledge and Engineering, University of Economics, Prague.
In autumn 2010, I have defended PhD degree with the work 'Pattern-based Ontology Matching and Ontology Alignment Evaluation'.
You can check my professional profile at linkedIn network.
I participate in several running projects at DIKE.
My main current research lies in the field of Semantic Web:
- analyzying ontologies and semantic web tools within the COSOL project
- studying different kinds of patterns in ontologies and within ontology correspondences for enhancing ontology matching process,
- transformation of ontologies for adapting them regarding different use-cases (see on-going PatOMat project).
- application of naming patterns in the context of linked open vocabularies within the LOD2 project.).
Program committee of conferences and workshops:
- Special issue for the Journal of Web Semantics about Benchmarking Semantic Web solutions in Journal of Web Semantics (to be announced)
- EYRE 2019 - The 2nd International Workshop on EntitY REtrieval
- ISWC 2019 Resources track - The 18th International Semantic Web Conference - (ISWC 2019)
- ISWC 2019 Research track - The 18th International Semantic Web Conference - (ISWC 2019)
- SEMANTiCS 2019 - SEMANTiCS (posters and demos) - (SEMANTiCS 2019)
- ISWC 2019 P&D - The 18th International Semantic Web Conference (posters and demos) - (ISWC 2019)
- ESWC 2019 - The 16th Extended Semantic Web Conference - (ESWC 2019)
- ESWC 2019 P&D - The 16th Extended Semantic Web Conference (posters and demos) - (ESWC 2019)
- WWW 2019 - The 28h International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2019) - Semantics and Knowledge track
Reviewing of journal articles for
- Journal of Web Semantics
- Semantic Web Journal
- Journal on Data Semantics
- Journal of Information Science
- Journal of Information Science and Engineering
- Data & Knowledge Engineering
- Journal of Biomedical Semantics
- Knowledge and Information Systems
- Knowledge Engineering Review
Complete list of my publications can be accessed in the UEP database.
Supervised theses (Bakalářské a diplomové práce) in the past (Czech only)
Introduction to Artificial Inteligence - Lectures about AI and practical seminars about Expert Systems (Czech only)
artificial intelligence, literature, theater, movie, table tennis, voleyball, biking
ondrej.zamazal [at] vse.cz